The CompTIA Security+ certification is an internationally recognized validation of the technical knowledge required of IT security practitioners. In this course, delegates will build on their knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
What it includes
- Virtual Venue
- Virtual Instructor-Led (VILT)
- Duration: 5 Days
- Exam Excluded
- Cost per person Excl VAT: Refer to our latest schedule for pricing
25th October 2021
29th November 2021
13th December 2021
31st January 2022
28th February 2022
The CompTIA Security+ certification is an internationally recognized validation of the technical knowledge required of IT security practitioners. In this course, delegates will build on their knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as they acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network. If you are an IT professional seeking to progress in your IT security career, then you know that the CompTIA Security+ course is one of the most valuable certifications available.
Since its introduction in 2002, over a quarter-million professionals have achieved Security+ certification, itself a springboard to prestigious certifications like the CASP, CISSP, and CISA certifications.
This course will further benefit delegates in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course will help delegates build their computer security skill-set so that they can confidently perform their duties.
• CompTIA A+ Certification
• CompTIA Network+ Certification
This course is targeted toward an Information Technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as OS X, Unix, or Linux, and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
At course completion Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
• Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
• Examine network security.
• Manage application, data, and host security.
• Identify access control and account management security measures.
• Manage certificates.
• Identify compliance and operational security measures.
• Manage risk.
• Manage security incidents.
• Develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Module 1 - Security Fundamentals
• Information Security Cycle
• Information Security Controls
• Authentication Methods
• Cryptography Fundamentals
• Security Policy Fundamentals
Module 2 - Identifying Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Social Engineering
• Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Software-Based Threats
• Network-Based Threats
• Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
Module 3 - Managing Data, Application, and Host Security
• Manage Data Security
• Manage Application Security
• Manage Device and Host Security
• Manage Mobile Security
Module 4 - Implementing Network Security
• Configure Security Parameters on Network Devices and Technologies
• Network Design Elements and Components
• Implement Networking Protocols and Services
• Apply Secure Network Administration Principles
• Secure Wireless Traffic
Module 5 - Implementing Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
• Access Control and Authentication Services
• Implement Account Management Security Controls
Module 6 - Managing Certificates
• Install a Certificate Authority (CA) Hierarchy
• Enroll Certificates
• Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
• Renew Certificates
• Revoke Certificates
• Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
• Restore Certificates and Private Keys
Module 7 - Implementing Compliance and Operational Security
• Physical Security
• Legal Compliance
• Security Awareness and Training
• Integrate Systems and Data with Third Parties
Module 8 - Risk Management
• Risk Analysis
• Implement Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Techniques
• Scan for Vulnerabilities
• Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
Module 9 - Troubleshooting and Managing Security Incidents
• Respond to Security Incidents
• Recover from a Security Incident
Module 10 - Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
• Business Continuity
• Plan for Disaster Recovery
• Execute Disaster Recovery Plans and Procedures
register for this course