(PMI-ACP)® Agile Certified Practitioner
The PMI-ACP spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP), and test-driven development (TDD.) So it will increase your versatility, wherever your projects may take you. If you work on agile teams or if your organization is adopting agile practices, the PMI-ACP is a good choice for you. The PMI-ACP is evidence of your real-world, hands-on experience and skill as part of an agile team.
What it includes
- Duration: 4 Days
- Cost per person Excl VAT: USD 557.53
- Classroom-based Workshop
- Virtual Instructor-Led (VILT)
Upon successful completion of this course, you will know:
• Agile principles and practices that will enhance team productivity and improve customer satisfaction.
• How to create transparent communication among stakeholders
How to manage a project's scope, schedule, and budget in an Agile environment
• How to maximize business value and deliver most value early in the project
• How to build a high-performing team
• How to plan at multiple levels and manage stakeholders' expectations.
• How to detect, track and resolve risks in an Agile project
1 - INTRODUCTION TO THE PMI-ACP® COURSE AND EXAM
2 - AGILE PRINCIPLES AND MINDSET
• Agile project Management Framework:
• What is Agility
• Agile Manifesto
• Agile Principles
• Agile Methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, Extreme programming (XP), Lean
• Agile leadership
• Agile process overview
3 - VALUE-DRIVEN DELIVERY
• What is Value-driven delivery, how to deliver value early and minimize waste.
• Assessing Value - Return on Investment (ROI), net present value (NPV), Internal rate of return (IRR), earned value management, managing risk.
• Value-Based prioritization – Customer-Valued prioritization, prioritization schemes (Kano analysis, Moscow, relative prioritization/ranking)
• Delivering incrementally – Minimal Viable Product (MVP), Minimal marketable Feature (MMF), Work In Progress (WIP), WIP Limits, Bottlenecks, Cumulative Flow Diagram (CFD)
• Contracting in Agile projects
• Verification and validation
4 - STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
• Identifying project stakeholders.
• Managing stakeholder engagement.
• Establishing a shared vision – Agile chartering, Definition of "Done" (DoD), Agile modelling, wireframes, personas.
• Communication Management – face to face communication, two-way communication, knowledge sharing, information radiators, social media
• Working collaboratively – workshops, brainstorming, collaboration games
• Interpersonal skills for Agile success – emotional intelligence, active listening, facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, participatory decision making.
5 - TEAM PERFORMANCE
• Agile team roles
• High-performing Agile teams – stages of team development
• Adaptive leadership
• Creating collaborative team spaces – co-located teams, osmotic communication, distributed teams.
• Tracking team performance in Agile teams – burn charts, velocity.
6 - ADAPTIVE PLANNING
• Defining adaptive planning.
• Principles of Agile planning
• Tools for sizing and estimating.
• Releases and Iterations planning
7 - PROBLEM DETECTION АND RESOLUTION
• How problems impact a project
• Detecting problems – lead time and cycle time, defects, variance analysis, trend analysis, control limits.
• Managing projects threats and issues – risk-adjusted backlog, risk severity, risk burndown graphs.
• Solving problems. 8 - CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
• Multiple levels of improvement – processes, product, people
• Implementing continuous process improvement – process tailoring, systems thinking, process analysis, value stream mapping, project pre-mortems.
• Working towards continuous product improvement – product feedback loops and learning cycle.
• Leading continuous people improvement – retrospectives, team self-assessments 9 - PMI-ACP®
• PMI-ACP® Exam Particulars Overview
• PMI-ACP® Exam Particulars
• PMI-ACP® Candidate Requirements
• PMI-ACP® Candidate Fees
• PMI-ACP® Exam Application Process
Prerequisites for exams
• Secondary degree
• 21 contact hours of training in agile practices
• 12 months of general project experience within the last 5 years. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
• 8 months of agile project experience within the last 3 years
We utilize our specialized LMS system PMBOK, PMP, PgMP, PfMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, PMI-RMP, PMI-ACP, and PMI-PBA are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
register for this course