Red Hat System Administration II
Contact us for pricing
The Red Hat System Administration II course (RH-134) focuses on the key tasks needed to become a full-time Linux administrator. Red Hat System Administration II (RH-134) serves as the second part of the RHCSA training track for IT professionals who have taken Red Hat System Administration I (RH-124). The course goes deeper into core Linux system administration skills in storage configuration and management, installation and deployment of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, management of security features such as SELinux, control of recurring system tasks, management of the boot process and troubleshooting, basic system tuning, and command-line automation and productivity. Experienced Linux administrators looking for rapid preparation for the RHCSA certification should instead start with RHCSA Rapid Track (RH-199) course. This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.2.
DURATION: 4 Days
TECHNOLOGY: Linux Platform
DELIVERY: Virtual Training
TRAINING UNITS: 14
• Successful completion of Red Hat System Administration I (RH-124) is recommended.
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
• Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
• Providing operational support
• Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
• Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux using scalable methods
• Access security files, file systems, and networks
• Execute shell scripting and automation techniques
• Manage storage devices, logical volumes, and file systems
• Manage security and system access
• Control the boot process and system services
• Running containers
Lesson 1: Improve command line productivity
• Run commands more efficiently by using advanced features of the Bash shell, shell scripts, and various utilities provided by Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Lesson 2: Schedule future tasks
• Schedule commands to run in the future, either one time or on a repeating schedule.
Lesson 3: Tune system performance
• Improve system performance by setting tuning parameters and adjusting scheduling priority of processes.
Lesson 4: Control access to files with ACLs
• Interpret and set access control lists (ACLs) on files to handle situations requiring complex user and group access permissions.
Lesson 5: Manage SELinux security
• Protect and manage the security of a server by using SELinux.
Lesson 6: Manage basic storage
• Create and manage storage devices, partitions, file systems, and swap spaces from the command line.
Lesson 7: Manage logical volumes
• Create and manage logical volumes containing file systems and swap spaces from the command line.
Lesson 8: Implement advanced storage features
• Manage storage using the Stratis local storage management system and use VDO volumes to optimize storage space in use.
Lesson 9: Access network-attached storage
• Use the NFS protocol to administer network-attached
Lesson 10: Control the boot process
• Manage the boot process to control services offered and to troubleshoot and repair problems.
Lesson 11: Manage network security
• Control network connections to services using the system firewall and SELinux rules.
Lesson 12: Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux on servers and virtual machines.
Lesson 13: Run Containers
• Obtain, run, and manage simple, lightweight services as containers on a single Red Hat Enterprise Linux server.
Associated Exam and Certification:
This course together with the Red Hat System Administration I will prepare students to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator exam EX-200
Successfully passing this exam will result in the attainment of the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Certification
After completing this course, students will receive a Jasco course attendance certification.
register for this course